Welcome to the Learn English Level 2 course. This online course is for anyone who wants to learn to speak the English language. In this course you'll learn basic English grammar, as well as many common English words and phrases. English conversations and short stories are included to help you learn how English is used in everyday life. Audio recordings of the English words and phrases are included to help you understand and pronounce the English language. The course has translations for common words and phrases for speakers of Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Japanese,Portuguese, and Spanish.
Online flashcards are included in the lessons to help you learn common English words and phrases. Quizzes are provided to help you find out how well you are learning English and which areas you need to improve upon.
The lessons in this course are free. Try one of the lessons, or create a free account to keep track of your scores on the quizzes, your overall course grade, and your progress in the courses.
Let's get started learning English.
2) Numbers 1 - 20
2) Basic pronunciation - consonants.
2) Learn some common English words related to people.
2) Learn the verb be.
2) Learn the English words for colours.
2) Learn how to ask questions.
2) Learn some common English adjectives.
Past and Future
2) Learn some common English adverbs.
2) Learn English words related to date and time.
2) Learn English words and phrases related to weather.
2) The Present Perfect Tense.
2) Food and Drink
This and That
2) The verb phrase be supposed to.
2) Vancouver travel video. City vocabulary
2) Words and phrases related to hotels and accommodation.
2) Infinitives and Gerunds
2) House Vocabulary
2) More Past Participles
2) English words related to transportation.
2) Kitchen Vocabulary
Here are a few tips to help you learn English.
- Try to spend at least fifteen minutes a day learning English.
- Spend some time every week writing in English: short conversations, descriptive paragraphs, and/or whatever comes to mind.
- When you have a few minutes of free time, try thinking in English. You can think about your surroundings, things you plan to do, or just try and remember common English phrases.
- If you have friends who speak English, or are learning, try to speak with them in English.
- Once you have learned some English vocabulary, try watching English movies and tv shows, and reading English stories like the ones included in this course.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
Here is a list of more resources to help you learn English.
- Learn English 1. Learn the basics of the English language quickly and easily with this online course. Many useful English words and phrases are included.
- English Vocabulary. In this free, online course you'll learn some very common English vocabulary. Pictures, audio, and flashcards are included in the lessons to help you the learn the English words and phrases.
- English Vocabulary 2. In this free, online course you'll learn even more useful English words and phrases.
- The Abandoned Castle is a short story narrated in English to help your reading and listening comprehension of English.
- The Cabin in the Forest is a short story narrated in English to help your reading and listening comprehension of English.
- Google Translate is a free service provided by Google to help you translate between English and your language.
- Dictionary.com is an online English dictionary to help you learn the complete meaning and usage of words.
- Merriam-Webster is an online English dictionary to help you learn the complete meaning and usage of words.
- Librivox has free English audio books.
- Gutenberg has free English ebooks.