English Vocabulary 1
English Vocabulary 1
In this free, online course you'll learn some very common English vocabulary. Pictures and audio are included in the lessons to help you the learn English words and phrases.
Welcome to the English Vocabulary course. In this free, online course you'll learn many useful English words and phrases. This course is ideal for people who want to improve their English vocabulary. Versions of the course are available for Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish speakers.
You'll learn many useful phrases in English that are used in everyday life. You'll also learn the English words for colors, numbers, people, parts of the body, natural objects, animals, food, drinks, transportation, and useful adjectives. Pictures are included with many of the words to help you learn them. Audio files are also included in the lessons to help you correctly pronounce the English words and phrases.
The lessons contain online flashcards to help you learn the words and phrases. Quizzes are included in the lessons so that you can find out how well you have learned the English Vocabulary.
All of the lessons in this course are free. Create an account to keep track of your progress and access more content to help you learn the English language. Find more English courses at Courses For Learning English.
Common English Phrases
Lesson 1 - Introductions
Lesson 2 - Common Phrases
Lesson 3 - Colors
Lesson 4 - Numbers
Lesson 5 - Adjectives
Lesson 6 - People and Family
Lesson 7 - Household Items
Lesson 8 - Nature
Lesson 9 - Food and Drinks
Lesson 10 - Date and Time
Lesson 11 - Travel and Transportation
Lesson 12 - The Human Body
Here are a few tips to help you learn English.
- Try and spend at least fifteen minutes a day learning English.
- Spend some time every week writing in English: short conversations, descriptive paragraphs, and/or whatever comes to mind.
- When you have a few minutes free time, try thinking in English. You can think about your surroundings, things you plan to do, or just try and remember common English phrases.
- If you have friends who speak English, or are learning, try to speak with them in English.
- Once you have learned some English vocabulary, try watching English movies and tv shows, and reading English stories like the ones included in this course.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
Here is a list of more resources to help you learn English.
- Learn English 1 Learn the basics of the English language quickly and easily with this online course. Many useful English words and phrases are included.
- Learn English 2 In this online course you'll learn how to speak the English language.
- English Vocabulary 2 In this online course you'll learn more common English words and phrases. Flashcards and quizzes are included to help you learn the English vocabulary included in the lessons.
- Aderalingua YouTube channel.
- Google Translate is a free service provided by Google to help you translate between English and your language.
- Dictionary.com is an online English dictionary to help you learn the complete meaning and usage of words.
- Merriam-Webster is an online English dictionary to help you learn the complete meaning and usage of words.
- Librivox has free English audio books.
- Gutenberg has free English ebooks.